Perennials are essential for the garden
Perennials form the backbone of your garden. These plants are essential as they provide your garden with structure, fragrance and colour. Whether you have a small garden of a few square metres or a large, classical border garden, perennials will complete your garden. Order them, plant them in the garden and then enjoy them! With the correct application of these plants, you can create a balanced and relaxing garden.
Tips for use
How do you best use perennials in your garden? A lot has been written about this subject, but the most important design principles are:
- Keep variation limited. A small garden with twenty different plant types is definitely not recommended.
- Limit the number of colours. Choose one or two harmonious colours; this will bring unity in your garden.
- Do not choose plants that all bloom at the same time. Especially in May and June many plants are in bloom, so look at the flowering periods of the plants and extend the flowering season of your garden.
- Vary with flowering and growth patterns. Do not just choose plants with flower clusters or spike-shaped flowers, or only low-growing plants.
- Look at the leaf colours and textures. You could choose plants with shiny leaves, and combine them with plants with, for example, gray felty leaves. Be careful with red-leaved plants: prevent your garden from becoming too colourful.
On MyPalmShop.com you will find a variety of top quality garden plants. You will definitely find the plants of your choice! We supply plants at the lowest prices and we will deliver them to your home. You will enjoy the perennials that you can find at MyPalmShop.com for years to come! Also take a look at our carnivorous plants.